CADMethods Ltd was incorporated in 1995 by Jeff Bilkey to be a specialist software company for engineering software development and software sales. Jeff Bilkey came with extensive experience as a consulting engineer in bridge design and engineering computer analysis.
CADMethods was formed to specialise in developing software for the engineering and construction industry. CADMethods has its own software products but also develops software on commission.
Software Development Projects
- a computer program for analysis of a mathematical model for the time dependent variables for the elastic and creep deflections of concrete beams.
- a computer program to calculate flow duration curves for small-scale hydro electric power schemes.
- a computer program optimize transmission line capacity with respect to losses and economics taking into account demand pattern.
- a computer program to read information from a specialized flight recording system and to output flight path, speed and other information graphically.
- a Time and Cost processing system particularly suited to Civil Engineering practices.
- a program to convert CAD files to AutoCAD™ DXF.
- several general engineering programs that integrate into AutoCAD™ for consulting engineer's engineering companies.
- an expert system for timber framing, that from a profile of a wall automatically draws and schedules all the timber required by the Light Timber Frame Code NZS3604.
- a Quantity Surveying package.
- a computer program to design timber retaining walls. The package was designed to be downloaded from the web and for non-technical users to design retaining walls.
- a computer program to design, quantify and cost residential and rural fences.
- a computer program to design, quantify and cost timber decks. The package allows the user to input any shape deck and then design it in accordance with various engineering codes including New Zealand NZS3604, Australia AS1684 and USA IBC2000.
- a Shear Wall design program that designs Shear Walls in accordance with the New Zealand timber code NZS3603.